- Any individualwith a passion for design is eligible to register for the competition. The regulation will be applied irrespectiveof someone’sages, professions, placesof residence or nationalit
- Individuals or teams are both eligible to register, though teams shouldhave no more than three members.
- Each work cannot be registered to both two categories.
Theme: Express the Features and Values of Yilan, and Focus on the Below Concepts:
- The Power of Design, Bringing Happiness and Changes
“A creative city” is our future vision, and we believe design can give us strength. Those humorous and heart-warming points will make people laugh. We invite people to think about how to solve practical problems or bring physiological/psychological happiness and changes in daily life by designing forms, colors, or creativity on the interactions and usage.
- The Respect and Care of the Multi-Cultural Groups
Building “Children’s Dreamland” is not only for children, but also for the future land where our next generation could live with happiness. To provide friendly and heart-warming designs on using habits, situations, we need to express respect and care to the multi-cultural groups which consists of different genders, age ranges, occupations, and people with disabilities.
- The Sustainability and Balance of the Environment
Environmental sustainability is one of the core concepts of Yilan County. The Yilan Chair International Design Award will support this idea by conducting its core concept: “Green Design and Forest Aesthetics ”. We invite applicants to create their works by natural materials such as wood, paper, cloth, bamboo, and rattan. Additionally, they have to think about the sustainable issues more deeply at the points of the manufacturing process, the materials, and the usage.